- Shut down your MacBook, then unplug the power adapter and external devices.
- Use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer’s exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Don’t spray liquid directly on the computer or use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives that might damage the finish.
- The bottom case of the MacBook uses a soft nonslip material. Use a microfiber or soft dye-free, lint-free cloth to clean the bottom case. It is safe to use isopropyl alcohol 70% on the bottom case. Remove any surface dirt gently with your bare hand before proceeding with a cleaner and cloth. After cleaning, dry the bottom case with a soft lint-free or microfiber cloth.
Follow these guidelines for cleaning your laptop computer screen.
- Shut down your MacBook and unplug the power adapter
- Dampen a clean, soft, lint-free cloth with water and gently wipe the screen. Never spray liquid directly on the screen; it may drip inside the display and cause damage.
- Do not use glass cleaner that contains alcohol or ammonia. Never use tissues, paper towels or other course materials to clean your laptop screen.
For further information on care of your laptop computer, please download the MacBook Care Guide.
The following email was shared with all students and staff in Grades 6-12 through Falcon Apps:
Now that everyone has their laptop computer, I wanted to share with you two important documents located on the TL2014.org website. Taking a few minutes to scan these documents will help keep your laptop in excellent working condition! Please click on the links below to download the documents.
Macbook Care Guide – https://tl2014.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/macbook-careguide.pdf – Topics include cleaning the screen, conserving battery life and solving simple problems.
Charger Care Guide – https://tl2014.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/charger-care.pdf – A frayed charger chord is one of the most common repair issues. Learn how to properly wrap your charger cable.
If you ever need support for your laptop computer, please visit the computer technician in your building or complete the Support Request Form on the Technology Help Site – https://sites.google.com/a/salisburysd.org/stsd-technology-help/ (Falcon Apps login required.)
Have a great year!