Loaner Laptop Computers
These procedures will be followed for the use of loaner laptop computers.
- Priority for use of loaner machines will always be students/teachers with machines in repair.
- There will be loaner laptop computers in each building (High School and Middle School).
- All loaner laptop computers will be maintained in the library.
- All loaner laptop computers will be inventoried in Destiny, the library management system.
- At the discretion of the Principal and/or Assistant Principal, available loaner laptop computers may be used for Substitutes and Instructional Assistants as needed. Laptop computers must be checked out through Destiny to maintain a record of use. If laptop computers are available, Substitutes may check one out for the instructional day. Instructional Assistants may check out a laptop for completing necessary tasks (i.e. email) related to job duties, if a laptop is available.
- All laptop computers must be checked out only by the Librarian or the Library Instructional Assistant.
- Whether a Student, Teacher, Substitute or Instructional Assistant, the user must sign or initial receipt and return of the laptop computer.
- Upon check-in, the Librarian or Library Instructional Assistant should notify the Computer Technician of any issues with the laptop computer.
- Laptop computers will be pulled by the Computer Technician from the loaner inventory for new enrollments and students/teachers with machines in repair. Laptop computers will be added to the loaner inventory by the Computer Technician when students withdrawal from school.