Laptop Tip of the Week – Cleaning Your MacBook
- Shut down your MacBook, then unplug the power adapter and external devices.
- Use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer’s exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Don’t spray liquid directly on the computer or use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives that might damage the finish.
- The bottom case of the MacBook uses a soft nonslip material. Use a microfiber or soft dye-free, lint-free cloth to clean the bottom case. It is safe to use isopropyl alcohol 70% on the bottom case. Remove any surface dirt gently with your bare hand before proceeding with a cleaner and cloth. After cleaning, dry the bottom case with a soft lint-free or microfiber cloth.
Follow these guidelines for cleaning your laptop computer screen.
- Shut down your MacBook and unplug the power adapter
- Dampen a clean, soft, lint-free cloth with water and gently wipe the screen. Never spray liquid directly on the screen; it may drip inside the display and cause damage.
- Do not use glass cleaner that contains alcohol or ammonia. Never use tissues, paper towels or other course materials to clean your laptop screen.
For further information on care of your laptop computer, please download the MacBook Care Guide.